Abortion Recovery Help
SaveOne Abortion Recovery Bible Study
Sonja at 909-762-3878 or email@example.com
For Men: Tom at 951-359-3259 or firstname.lastname@example.org
God knows absolutely everything about you. He knew everything you were going to do 2,000 years ago when He hung on the cross. Nothing you do is a surprise to Him. He knows all your secrets, and He loves you anyway. He never breaks His promises, and He wants you to be free.
Symptoms of Post Abortion Syndrome (PAS):
- Prescription or non-prescription drug dependency
- Alcohol dependency
- Eating disorders such as bulimia or anorexia
- You cannot forget the abortion experience
- Obsession with babies
- Desire for a replacement baby
- Fear that you cannot become pregnant again
- Sexual dysfunction or inability to enjoy a sexual relationship
- Sexual promiscuity
- Fear of gynecologist and/or anxiety related to check-ups
- Thoughts of suicide
- Attempted suicide
- Frustration at the lack of control over your own life
- Lack of joy or peace or contentment in your life
- Over attention to work, school or activities; busyness
- Uneasiness when abortion and/or pregnancy is discussed
- Difficulty trusting others
- Difficulty bonding with your own children
- Determination to be a "perfect" mother
- Believe you are a bad mother
- Difficulty bonding with your husband
- Difficulty making decisions or choices
- Cannot forgive others
- Believe God cannot forgive you
- Sense of being dirty, unclean
- Want to punish yourself
- Need to be in control in relationships and situations
- Anxiety about the future
- Difficulty remembering details about the abortion
- Difficulty remembering number of abortions or when they occurred
- Lack of motivation
- Inability to make friends or maintain friendships
- Cannot let people know the real you
- Emotions are flat rather than "up" or "down"
- Reliving the abortion experience over and over again
- Period of time when you lost touch with reality
- Symptoms occur or increase near anniversary date of abortion
Jesus Christ made a promise, "If the Son shall set you free, you shall be free indeed." (John 8:36) He will set you free from destructive habits, emotions and addictions.
When we have lost a child to abortion we may feel guilt, shame, bitterness, anger and depression. We find out, too late, that abortion does not deliver its promise to keep us free from difficulties. It only traps us with heavier burdens to silently bear.
We all have thoughts about what heaven will be like. One of the things I look forward to most is that I will fully know my heavenly neighbors and they will fully know me. We will have nothing to hide, and no one will be ashamed or afraid of being misunderstood or unloved.
A post abortion Bible study is like a slice of heaven. Why would I compare a gathering of post-abortive women to a heavenly experience? Because we know something terrible about each other, but we learn that we are truly loved, accepted and forgiven by every other person in the room -- most significantly, by our Savior, Jesus Christ. It is tremendously important to know and be known. It can save your life. Knowing Jesus Christ saves your life, and being known, loved and accepted by a sister in Christ restores your broken heart. The truth will set you free.
I have been set free from the bondage of guilt, shame and self-hatred by the truth of the gospel. 1 John 3:19-20 promises, "This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence whenever our hearts condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything."
Because of what Jesus has done for us, we CAN be free from the consequences of our own destructive choices. There is no condemnation for anyone who is in Christ Jesus!